Thursday, June 26, 2008

Before I leave...






I am off to a town called Humpolec, CZ for the week to go to camp! I am teaching in a German summer camp for a week. The camp is half way between Prague and Brno, so is about an hour and half away... I am catching the bus this afternoon. 

Sorry that I have taken so long to post! I have been really busy with class and exploring Prague. But now that class is over, I really have no excuse. The second picture is a place called Petřín Hill, and is the biggest park in all of Prague. The rest of the pictures are from the top of that tower and the last one is most of my TEFL class at our graduation party. The park is absolutely amazing and so quiet and away from the city. Hiking up that tower took FOREVER, as Czech people really don't believe in lifts unless they are totally useless. The view was amazing though, so worth it I suppose. My new big thing to do is go and watch the matched every night at this really cool outdoor beer garden near my new flat (pictures of the new flat to follow when I get back from camp). The night life here is so laid back and everything moves so slowly... It is wonderful. There is no pressure to hurry up and eat or finish your beer. Czech people are fantastic and very hospitable, although they are terrible drivers. 

My new flat is in Vinohrady, which is one of the most ideal locations in town (if you want my address, leave a comment and I will e mail it to you). I am right behind a beautiful park that is only a five minute walk, and there are cheap restaurants everywhere. My roommates are really cool and we cook dinner together almost everyday. We have a gas leak in our bathroom, which means we can't shower for the next few days! Yuck! Luckily I have friends in the city with working showers who are letting me shower, for a small fee. Just kidding, but they thought did cross their minds. 

I have to go pack for summer camp now, but I will have pictures and stuff up when I get back on the 4th of July... 

No comments: